Home / Articles (page 6)

Articles

Facebook, worth £445bn, fined £500k for data breach

Facebook is to be hit with the maximum £500,000 ($663,000) fine over data protection breaches related to the Cambridge Analytica scandal. The UK’s information commissioner, Elizabeth Denham, said she would fine the social network as her office investigates how data belonging to tens of millions of users was improperly …

Read More »

Raab’s first job – building bridges with business

The leaders of Britain’s biggest business groups have met new Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab, telling him that time is running out for a deal to be agreed with the European Union. Mr Raab met bosses of the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), Institute of Directors, Confederation of British Industry, …

Read More »

E-scooter start-up raises £232m from Uber and Alphabet

Uber and Alphabet are investing in start-up Lime as competition in the bike and scooter hiring industry hots up.  Lime raised $335m (£232m) in a round of funding led by GV, formerly Google Ventures. Other new investors include Google’s parent Alphabet, IVP, Atomico and Fidelity, the company said in a …

Read More »

CareTech plots £600m merger with rival Cambian

An AIM-listed social services group has proposed a £600m merger with one of its peers in a bid to create a FTSE-250 specialist healthcare provider. Sky News has learnt that CareTech Holdings approached struggling Cambian Group with a 210p-a-share offer several weeks ago. The bid is said to have …

Read More »

Beer and big TVs: World Cup fever gives retail boost

Demand for beer, barbeques and big-screen televisions ahead of the World Cup lifted retail sales last month. The British Retail Consortium (BRC) said like-for-like sales increased by 1.1% in June, compared to 1.2% in the same month a year ago. Total sales increased 2.3% in June, against an increase …

Read More »
Free Franchise Guide
close slider

Free Franchise Guide

 
Interested in buying a franchise? The our FREE Franchise Guide is a must! The guide contains lots of information to help you decide if franchising is right for you.
 

Yes, I'd like to join the Franchise UK mailing list.